2021 Project Quilting! 12.2 Fussy Cutting!

Project Quilting Challenge 12.2 

Fussy Cutting 

This is my first blog post and I'm hoping to make it a quick one! I just discovered Persimmon Dreams Project Quilting Season 12. I had a lot of fun coming up with week one's challenge. Despite my enthusiasm for the first challenge I almost skipped the second. With a nudge from the hubby, I decided to finish something in time to participate. After a few EPP false starts throughout the week. I started the final project at 10ish the night before the challenge deadline. To quote Rita Mea Brown, "if it weren't  for the last minute nothing would get done."

  • I found a little hummingbird print in my scraps and fussy cut a 3 1/2" square.

Rule 2 met. I started my project within the contest week. The night before counts!


My fussy cut is complete! Rule 1 met.

Now what?

  • I used reproduction fabrics from a charm pack and framed the little bird. With 2 layers of Warm and Natural 80/20 batting, I made a mini quilt sandwich.  Off to my Babylock Rachel.
I didn't baste my sandwich.


💛💛💛

12.2 Fussy Cut Challenge Complete!

My completed project measure 4 1/2 x 4 1/2". 

Rule 3 met! A finished stand alone project. I used Stich in the Ditch and Free Motion Quilting (FMQ). I wanted the flowers to look more like flowers. I used Crayola Colored Pencils to shade the flowers and the tree branches. It's what I had on hand. I love my new black fabric pen. I was able to thicken the hummingbird outline and draw the flower center dots.

To finish, I decided that I would face this little quilt. It's quick and easy and gives a nice finished edge. 

I hope you will try challenge quilting.  I love that every two weeks I get to practice every step of the quilting process. It's fun and challenging to complete a project in a short time frame. And who knows I might win a prize, too! 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project Quilting--15.1 Bird House