14.4 – A Novel Project – Challenge 4 of Project QUILTING Season 14 Dodo Bird Collage inspired by Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll For this week’s challenge I was inspired by the last audio book I finished. I love the Disney animated movie Alice in Wonderland and one day I realized I’ve never read the book. I decided to listen to the audio book. In chapter 3, Dodo bird awards Alice a thimble for winning the caucus race. I enjoyed listening to the book while I worked on sewing projects. This is my first black and white quilt collage. to save time I turned the backing fabric to the front also another first for me. I found a public domain photo of a Dodo Bird. I enlarged it by 150% on my home printer. I traced the enlarged photo onto fusible web. I used the Phyllis Cullen method of collage I had learned in a workshop I had with her a few years ago. I feel I sacrificed tighter co...
Popular posts from this blog
PQ 17.1 Challenge A Clean Slate Thanks you Persimon Dreams! Kim and Trish I'm happy to join you in Season 17 of Project Quilting. "Cloud Dancer" and the idea of a "clean slate" was a tough first challenge. I got a new sewing machine for Christmas and I decided to give my decorative stiches a try. This was the first time that I've used negative space or the unquilted areas as the main focus of a quilt. The words look puffy like clouds. I'm happy with how my quilt came out. It's 10"x18". I used white fabric and high loft poly batting for this project. Washi tape was used to spell out the words "NO ICE". I quilted all around the tape creating the words in the negative space.
16.6 – Button it Up – Challenge 6 of Project QUILTING This was a left over block that my fellow PQ Nancy I. gave me. I loved the little blue hand appliqued basket but thought that it's tiny size (3" or so) was unseal for the size of the block (12" X12 "}. I really wanted to try to make the button spider and I love it! I wish I should have used more colorful buttons. I've had this book in my stash and wanted to try some of the stitches! I have a steep learning curve when it comes to embroidery. My collection of buttons. Deciding which block to use for this weeks project. Thank you for visiting!
Comments
Post a Comment