14.2 – Pink Tint – Challenge 2 of Project QUILTING Season 14

For this challenge I decided to make a historical sewing kit, housewife, hussif or hussy I found a free pattern at  Ora Lin 's pattern shop and of course had to make it my own as most quilters do.  I love learning about antique and vintage quilts so making a historical sewing kit has been something I have wanted to do for a while now. Just to note its not a historically accurate hussy. 

To learn more about historical sewing kits here are the two vlogs I found helpful, insightful, and just fun to listen to while sewing.  Check out  these links: 

Ora Lin's Pattern: https://youtu.be/0L7tIjQlf1c  

Fun talk about housewives By Sewstine: https://youtu.be/1v83LBYEDMY

Finished Sewing Kit


                                                                                     

I have my kit fully loaded and ready for English paper piecing(EPP)!
I wanted my not so historical kit to have a soft romantic look.
 I used vintage (and some not so vintage) lace and trim that I've collect.



I modified the sewing kit pattern to make it wider
 and changed the shape of the flap. I also moved the pincushion to the
outside made it into a flap this helps to keep my scissors from flying out. 



Choosing materials and laying out my accessories
pockets 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Project Quilting--15.1 Bird House