14.5 – Sew Not a Square – Challenge 5 of Project QUILTING Season 14


Saucer Magnolia or Tulip Magnolia Tree Branch by Jodie Solorio


I first thought I would make the Cherry Blossom Project in the Magical Fabric Yo-yos book by Nancy Zieman and Donna Frenski


I traced the branch shape and ironed on the fusible web. I really liked the shape of the branch.





I really wanted to use the Yo-yo makers I purchased at an estate sale.
My yo-yo's were a no go! I just didn't give myself enough time to learn how to use the tools even though it's fairly straight forward.





I had to ditch the Yo-yo's and go with fused flowers that I found in my stash. I decided that my Cherry Blossom would be a Saucer Magnolia or Tulip Tree Branch. I chose to not quilt around the branch and keep the quilting to the edge. I faced the mini-wall-hanging. 









Comments

  1. Beautifully done, Jodie! The tree in my yard is in full bloom. Your flowers are just right!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Project Quilting--15.1 Bird House