14.6 – Conquer a Fear – Challenge 6 of Project QUILTING Season 14

                                                  

A Quilted Jacket 
For this challenge I decided to make a quilted jacket. I found the pattern in McCall's Quilting the January/February 2023 issue. It seemed pretty straight forward. Making clothes is so out of my wheelhouse. My previous attempts at making clothing are Halloween costumes! I'm not comfortable with sewing something to fit a body- especially my body. I thought I would face the fear and give this jacket a try.


                                            I used a wool blend for the body of the coat.


I purchased bias binding to finished the edges. I also decided to change the sleeve shape into a wide cuff.

I had a lot of fun quilting on wool and I used my pounce pad and stencils for the Ginkgo leaf pattern


                                                                        Jacket lining

Thank you for reading!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Project Quilting--15.1 Bird House